Thekkady’s first heritage hotel
About Laurie Baker
- Policy on use of plastics – For packing, we use newspapers bags produced by local self help groups. We follow minimal use of plastic on the premises.
- Energy efficiency – We have maximised energy-efficient systems by using CFL Lamps, LED Bulbs, Rainwater Harvesting, Sewage Treatment Plant for irrigation, etc.
- Waste management and Recycling procedures – food and organic waste goes to the pig farm, and the sewage treatment plant is also in use.
- Greenery within the premises and buildings – the abundance of plants and trees lowers temperature, increases oxygen availability and coolness within. We have fruit trees such as mango and jackfruit, flowering plants, ornamental plants, and a large tamarind tree close to the entrance.
- Solar/ alternative heating – The solar water heating system is in full swing for guest and staff usage.
– Explore unique dining experiences –This 100-seater restaurant is where you can enjoy Kerala’s authentic dishes as well as try Continental and Chinese ones. Some of the most famous dishes that repeat guests ask for are the Chilli Pork, Chicken Liver, Pork fry, Beef Fry, and of course the Onasadya during the Onam festival.
Accompaniments, sauces and accessories used are the best available in the industry and quality is never compromised. Whether you’re staying at Hotel Ambadi or passing by, drop in for a hearty meal, and some more.
How to reach us
Hotel Ambadi is well-connected by road – Kochi is 185km away, Munnar 110km, Vagamon 55km and Madurai 140km.
The nearest railway station is in Theni, Tamil Nadu, 60km from Thekkady. Kottayam railway station is 110km from here. Cochin International Airport is about 180km away, a four-hour journey. And Madurai airport is closer at 140km.